Christ’s generous, limitless love is our example.
Shaped by His presence, overwhelmed by His sacrifice and transformed daily by His power, we will never be the same. His love fuels our passion for all to hear the gospel and know the deep, life changing love of our Creator.
So we go. No place is too hard, no people too far, no idea too crazy, no dream too big, and our failures do not hold us back. Tens of thousands have joined this cause, and hundreds of millions have heard the gospel. And we’re still going.
We believe that the love of Jesus has the power to change everyone and everything, including the reality of those who are oppressed, forgotten and marginalised.
We believe it is God’s mission to transform lives and communities as He reconciles the world to Himself, and we have the privilege of joining with Him in this mission.
This transformation isn’t only for those we serve. It happens to us, too. When we step out in faith, we start to change as well. Our hearts are changed, and this means our attitudes, relationships and priorities change also. Our soul is refreshed, and we find significance in who He has made us to be and what He has made us to do.
We are people who don’t fit a mould, who don’t sit still and who love the adventure of serving God’s mission. We listen first; we don’t just show up in a new place and project our way of doing and thinking.
We wake up each day with the confidence that the God who created the universe—who knocked over the walls of Jericho, who healed the blind and who raised the dead—is with us. This emboldens us, empowers us and keeps us moving forward.
We believe everyone was made for God’s purposes. Everyone. Our talents, gifts and passions are His tools in us. If God wired us to design, then we design. If He wired us to organise, then we organise. If He wired us to build, then we build. We want our work and our words to shine His light and love so that those we live amongst will see it and glorify God.
His love and mission fuels our passion to cultivate bright, thriving communities of Jesus followers that—in His time—will touch every person on earth.
We are OM.
Literal adherence to the principles laid down by Jesus Christ would, without a doubt, result in world-wide revolution.
a revolution motivated by LOVE executed by LOVE culminating in LOVE
- OM Founder, George Verwer, 1961
When college student George Verwer and his two friends journeyed to Mexico to share Christ’s love in 1957, the response was overwhelming. The young men subsequently opened a Christian bookshop and launched Christian radio broadcasts there.
As the friends expanded their reach to Europe, they proclaimed the great truth that God uses His people to reach the nations. Christians rose in response, and OM was born.
Over the decades, our commitment to those who do not know God’s love has translated into a multitude of ways to share God’s love — from ministries serving refugees and the vulnerable, to international youth events and Christian art programs, to a ship that travels the world to share His love and serve communities in need.
We strive to creatively shine the light of Christ in all we say and do, so that His love may reach the farthest corners of the world.
“We will press forward until every creature has heard the Gospel…the world is our goal!” OM Founder, George Verwer
We are grateful to God for decades of transformed lives, and we recognise that it is all His good work. At the same time, there is so much more to do. We look at the world with hearts of compassion and a genuine burden for those who have not yet heard about Jesus or experienced His amazing love.
Looking ahead, we strive toward the ambitious goal of mobilising millions of believers who will touch hearts and lives with the love of Christ, and who in turn will form millions of vibrant communities of Jesus followers in places where God’s unceasing love has not yet taken hold.
God has chosen mankind as His ambassadors, to reflect His glory, goodness and love in the world. Following God’s call and mandate, we hold the following five ideas to be foundations which, along with prayer, must shape and guide each of us as we serve.
Every person was made for the eternal purpose of God.
We seek to engage the whole Body of Christ - Ephesians 1:4-22.
Every person is uniquely shaped and gifted for the purpose of God.
We embrace the whole masterpiece of how each person has been made - Ephesians 2:10.
Every person in every nation needs to know the love of God.
We include the whole world - Genesis 1:28 & Matthew 28:19.
Every Jesus follower living out the whole gospel with their full lives.
We inspire and equip people to demonstrate their transformed lives in all they say and do - Matthew 5:13-16 & 1 Thessalonians 1:4-7.
Every sector of society, every corner of the community.
We incorporate the whole life of every Jesus follower - Colossians 3:17.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, the authenticity of His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His present mediatorial work in heaven.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit. We believe He gives life, He sanctifies, He empowers and comforts all believers.
- We believe that the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments in their original texts, are fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, without error, and are the final authority for the Church.
- We believe that man was originally created sinless. Tempted by Satan, man fell and thereby brought the whole race under the condemnation of eternal separation from God.
- We believe that man is saved through repentance and faith in the finished work of Christ. Justification is through grace alone.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Jesus Christ composed of all true believers. The present work of the Church is the worship of God, the perfecting of the saints and the evangelisation of the world.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate our salvation and establish His glorious Kingdom.